Gooey Crunch Granola Bars by Sarah's Day
These are seriously the quickest and simplest granolas bars! You can also be super creative with your own ingredients, dabble with different quantities and try out different dried fruit/nut combinations.
INGREDIENTS (*rough quantities)
1 cup Mixed Roasted Nuts
1 cup Activated Buckinis
3/4 cup Dried Cranberries
1/4 cup Shredded Coconut
1/2 cup Dried Currants
1 tsp Vanilla Powder
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 – 1 cup Rice Malt Syrup/Agave *use either or mix the two
- Preheat fan forced oven to 180 degrees celsius (350 Fahrenheit)
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl with a flat spatular
- Add agave/rice malt syrup until you have a thin gooey consistency. My quantities always vary, however you want your mixture to be perfectly moist and sweet. NOT dry and NOT swimming in syrup.
- Place some baking paper on a large baking tray and spread the mixture down onto the paper. Use a non stick, flat spatular to press the mixture down, encourage it to stick together.
- Place in the oven for around 10 – 18 minutes or until golden brown. Be careful, it can burn quickly! Make sure the top is roasted and golden. This will help your bars stick together and form actual…. bars.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to rest until completely cool.
- Cut into long rectangular bars and store in an air tight glass container int he cupboard.
- I wish I could give you an exact idea of how long these last, but they don’t survive any longer than 3 days in my household… or if I’m honest… they rarely last 24 hours YUMM!!
Original recipe from > https://www.sarahsday.com/blog/2018/9/5/gooey-crunch-granola-bars